[rt-users] Oddity within the RT database

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Tue Mar 20 06:52:48 EDT 2012

Ruslan from phone.
20.03.2012 14:31 пользователь "Tim Cutts" <tjrc at sanger.ac.uk> написал:

> On 20 Mar 2012, at 08:26, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
>
> > Have you tried to delete them in ui?
>
> Is that possible?  These don't show up in the query builder is loadable
saved searches - they're the RT::System standard ones, not user or group
saved searches.

> > Use rt-attributes viewer that is shipped with rt and installed into
sbin directory.

> I've been using that to investigate them, yes.
>
> > Decide which one you need and just delete an attribute.
>
> From what I can see, both are in use by the various dashboards and things
that users have set.  I think I may have to write a script to go through
all the Attributes blob, and for these duplicated things set them to one
particular one, and only once I've done that can I safely delete the
redundant saved search.

This is better way to go.

> > As far as I recall dashboards handle this properly.
>
> If they referred to their saved searches by name, they probably would,
but judging by the output of rt-attributes-viewer, they're referring to
them by id.

> This could be a fun script to write... :-)

Nothing extream, enough examples in rt code and easy to find them.