[rt-users] Which mandatory-fields extension to pick ?

Gabriel L. Somlo gsomlo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 16:54:32 EDT 2012

I'd like to force requestors to fill out the Subject (and possibly
Content) fields of a new request being opened via the Web U/I.

I noticed several extensions for individual fields being mentioned
(on CPAN *and* on http://bestpractical.com/rt/extensions.html):

http://search.cpan.org/dist/RT-Extension-MandatorySubject/
and
http://search.cpan.org/dist/RT-Extension-MandatoryRequestor/

I also found a generic Mandatory Fields extension:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/RT-Extension-MandatoryFields/

However, the latter isn't mentioned anywhere on bestpractical.com.

I wonder if anyone has any advice -- I'd naturally prefer the latter,
general-purpose extension, unless the former two have some sort of
privileged status, better support, a better chance of being integrated
into RT-proper, etc.

Thanks,
--Gabriel