[rt-users] Buildind rt4 while logged in as an AD user

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Mar 26 10:51:43 EDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jay Ashworth" <jra at baylink.com>

> And I additionally get a zillion errors like:
>
> Email::Address ...MISSING
> Can't locate Email/Address.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.1/i586-linux-thread-multi
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.1
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.1/i586-linux-thread-multi
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.1
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.12.1/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.12.1
> /appl/rt-4.0.5)
>
> Followed at the end by:
>
> make: *** [testdeps] Error 1
>
> when I run make testdeps.
>
> It's clear I don't have all the perl I should, but I thought that was
> testdeps' job to tell me. :-)

Ok, that was stupid.  That *was* testdeps telling me, clearly.  Fixdeps
is cleaning up (most, if not all) of that, but the first part of my inquiry
stands: it appears that the build scripts do not expect that the user
and group names may contain non-magic backslashes and spaces, as will be
the case on a machine where authentication is provided by AD/Samba; can
anyone confirm or deny?

Cheers,
-- jra