[rt-users] View as HTML

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Mar 27 18:03:04 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 05:53:16PM +0200, Alberto Villanueva wrote:
> I have used next contribution ("AddHistoryToMail" [1]) and it runs
> perfectly :-)
> My users' problem they don't want to see html code. In the
> correspond mail appears: "acentuación".
>
> I have commented next line but the problem appears already.
> "$content =~ s/<(([^ >]|\n)*)>//g;  # strip HTML tags from text/html"
>
> Do you know how I could resolve this?
>
> [1]: http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/AddTicketHistoryToMail

You could try using $transaction->Content('text/plain'); to retrieve
the text plain copy of an email, but if the content is only available
in text/html then you'll need to use one of the perl modules for
stripping html (like we use in our ScrubHTML component) plus something
to resolve html entities, which is what you're actually running into.
Or you could send HTML mail rather than plaintext email.

-kevin