[rt-users] Users.id and Groups.id

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Mon May 7 13:54:03 EDT 2012

I noticed that the database schema specifies different sequences for
the id fields in the users and groups tables.  However, it appears
that RT doesn't actually use those sequences - "select
currval('user_id_seq')" returns 1 even though I have a bunch of users
created.  The other thing I noticed is that the users.id and groups.id
don't have any common numbers - i.e. I've got users with ids 26, 28
and 32, and groups with ids of 27, 29 and 31.  Can I rely on that
being true, or is it just a coincidence?

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomblin
http://careers.stackoverflow.com/ptomblin