[rt-users] Auto Create a child ticket via RT scripts available from Queue Management page

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon May 7 18:00:15 EDT 2012

On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 08:31:38AM -0400, Joe Kirby wrote:
>    I have a situation where I need, upon creation of a ticket in a queue, to create a child
>    ticket in a different queue (actually I need to create 2 child tickets)

If you need this to happen automatically upon creating, you want to
read the docs for the CreateTickets action shipped with core RT.  It
allows for the programmatic creation of 1 or more tickets based on
certain conditions, extracting information from the original ticket
and setting up links, etc.  It's what is used to configure Approvals.

You can see the docs with perldoc
/opt/rt4/lib/RT/Action/CreateTickets.pm

ForkIntoNewTicket and SpawnLinkedTicketsWithQueue are manual
processes and are available on the ticket Display page.

-kevin