[rt-users] Using a Google Apps Form to submit a ticket in RT

Haim Dimer haim at dimer.org
Mon May 14 04:14:42 EDT 2012

Hello everyone,

Sometimes you want to have people fill in a form and have all the data
appear in a ticket. After a few weekends toying with the idea, I
believe I have something worthy of the RT wiki. We use this system in
production for tasks ranging from asking for new hardware to having
the vendors notify us when a new software version is available. Here
is the general idea:

- Create a form in Google Apps.
- Add a script to send the newly inputed data by email (and the
triggers that go with it)
- Configure rt-mailgate to have the form create a new ticket in a
particular queue
- Take each field from the filled form and transpose them into CustomFields
- Send an email to the support team letting them know a form was submitted
- Send an email to the person who filled out the form, letting him
know we received the info

Check it out at the address below and let me know if I missed something

http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/Using_a_Google_Apps_Form_to_submit_a_ticket_in_RT

Haïm.