[rt-users] how to prevent duplicate emails

Sandra Wittenbrock sandra at hpcrd.lbl.gov
Fri May 18 16:42:03 EDT 2012

Hello,

When I resolve a ticket, I want the requester to receive the ticket
comments, and a notice the ticket is resolved, in just one email.
Someone out there must have this set up.  I've been playing with
"TransactionBatch" to see if that could help prevent duplicates.

Currently, I use a default resolve scrip, which notifies the requester
when the ticket is resolved.  The template does not include the comments
from the resolution, only some generic text.

I've been going in circles trying to have the requester get only one
ticket upon resolution.  An email which includes the resolution comments.

If when I resolve the ticket, I change the "Update Type" to "Reply to
Requestors", the requester gets one email, without the comments.

Here is the summary of my scrips.

> 	#	Description	Stage	Condition	Action	Template
> 	14	Notify Requestor on Correspond	TransactionCreate	On Correspond	Notify Requestors	Admin Correspondence
> 	13	Notify requestor when ticket is taken	Disabled	On Owner Change	Notify Requestors	Owner Changed
> 	8	On Comment Notify AdminCcs as Comment	TransactionBatch	On Comment	Notify AdminCcs as Comment	Admin Comment
> 	9	On Comment Notify Other Recipients as Comment	Disabled	On Comment	Notify Other Recipients as Comment	Correspondence
> 	5	On Correspond Notify AdminCcs	TransactionBatch	On Correspond	Notify AdminCcs	Admin Correspondence
> 	6	On Correspond Notify Ccs	TransactionBatch	On Correspond	Notify Ccs	Correspondence
> 	7	On Correspond Notify Other Recipients	Disabled	On Correspond	Notify Other Recipients	Correspondence
> 	17	On Correspond Notify Requestor	TransactionBatch	On Correspond	Notify Owner, Requestors, Ccs and AdminCcs	Admin Correspondence
> 	1	On Correspond Open Tickets	TransactionCreate	On Correspond	Open Tickets	Blank
> 	3	On Create Autoreply To Requestors	TransactionCreate	On Create	Autoreply To Requestors	Autoreply
> 	4	On Create Notify AdminCcs	TransactionCreate	On Create	Notify AdminCcs	Transaction
> 	15	On Owner Change Notify Admincc	TransactionCreate	On Owner Change	Notify AdminCcs as Comment	Owner Changed
> 	2	On Owner Change Notify Owner	Disabled	On Owner Change	Notify Owner	Owner Changed
> 	18	On Owner Change Notify Requestor	TransactionBatch	On Owner Change	Notify Requestors	Owner Changed
> 	10	On Resolve Notify Requestors	TransactionBatch	On Resolve	Notify Owner, Requestors, Ccs and AdminCcs	Resolved
> 	11	On transaction, add any tags in the transaction's subject to the ticket's subject	TransactionCreate	On Transaction	Extract Subject Tag	Blank
> (Check box to delete)

I've looked at the mysql settings/tables.  I've looked at the logs, and
am trying to see where in the code it is asking to send all these
emails.  There is a section where it prevents sending emails to
blacklisted addresses.  It would be nice if it prevented duplicates.  I
haven't used perl in a while, so haven't been able to modify.

Sandra