[rt-users] Autocomplete feature for unprivileged users ( AllowUserAutocompleteForUnprivileged?)

SCOTTO Alberto (Consultant) (FIAT POWERTRAIN TECHNOLOGIES) alberto.scotto at consultant.fptpowertrain.com
Mon May 28 10:18:47 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I can't get the autocomplete email address feature to work for unprivileged people who access the SelfService area.
It is correctly set in RT_SiteConfig, as I can also see in RT's web UI, tools > system configuration: AllowUserAutocompleteForUnprivileged=1
I'm experiencing this problem both on RT 4.0.2 and 4.0.6.

I am starting to think that I misunderstand the meaning of the AllowUserAutocompleteForUnprivileged config!

Here is what happens if I login as an unprivileged user and go in the SelfService/Create.html page, as Firebug says: as I type a bunch of characters in the requestors or cc field, RT returns a 302 HTTP status code ("found"), and then redirects me to SelfService/

Any help appreciated.
Thank you

Alberto Scotto
Information Technologies Consultant

FIAT POWERTRAIN TECHNOLOGIES S.p.A.
Corso Settembrini 167, 10135 Torino, Italia