[rt-users] wondering about webdomain & organization

Arnon Clark arnon at easydns.com
Mon May 28 11:50:19 EDT 2012

Hey all,

I'm having a problem where correspondence isn't being created properly
on creation of a ticket.

The following error is showing up in my log:

[Mon May 28 14:17:25 2012] [info]:
<rt-4.0.5-5368-1338214645-1232.50-22-0 at prometheus.support.easydns.com>
#50/997661 - Scrip 22 On create email requestor
(/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:301)
[Mon May 28 14:17:25 2012] [info]:
<rt-4.0.5-5368-1338214645-1232.50-22-0 at prometheus.support.easydns.com>
No recipients found. Not sending.
(/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:352)

I've gone through the various forums and seen a number of different
reasons this could be happening. Mail works fine, tickets are sent out
appropriately, it's only on creation from external addresses that the
reply to requestors isn't created.

I'm running 4.0.5 (upgrading to the new patch soon) and using a DB I
ported over from an earlier install for test purposes (already at 4.0.5
as well).

Eventually I wish to port over a few hundred thousand tickets from an
existing install on 3.8.7 on another box, and the RT_Site_Config below
is adapted from that. I was given to understand that I need to leave the
'rtname' the same or risk bucking all earlier tickets. is this the case?
I changed the webdomain from 'ticketing.company.com' to
'prometheus.support.company.com' (for value $company) to match the
actual new server name.

saniticed site_config:

# Any configuration directives you include  here will override
# RT's default configuration file, RT_Config.pm
#
# To include a directive here, just copy the equivalent statement
# from RT_Config.pm and change the value. We've included a single
# sample value below.
#
# This file is actually a perl module, so you can include valid
# perl code, as well.
#
# The converse is also true, if this file isn't valid perl, you're
# going to run into trouble. To check your SiteConfig file, use
# this comamnd:
#
#   perl -c /path/to/your/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm

Set($WebBaseURL , "https://prometheus.support.commpany.com");
Set($rtname, 'easydns');
Set($Organization , "prometheus.support.company.com");
Set($WebPort, 443);
Set($WebDomain, "prometheus.support.company.com");
Set($WebImagesURL, RT->Config->Get('WebPath') . "/NoAuth/images/");
Set($LogoURL, RT->Config->Get('WebImagesURL') . "easydns_logo.gif");
#Set($MailCommand, "testfile");
Set($MailCommand, "sendmailpipe");
Set($DatabaseHost, 'localhost');
Set($MessageBoxRichText , 0);
Set($DatabaseType, "mysql");
Set($DatabaseUser , 'userid');
Set($DatabasePassword , 'password');
Set($DatabaseName , 'rt4');
Set($UseFriendlyFromLine, 1);
Set($FriendlyFromLineFormat, "\"%s from company\" <%s>");
Set($UseOriginatorHeader, 0);
Set($CorrespondAddress, 'support at support.company.com');
Set($CommentAddress, 'support at support.company.com');
Set($OwnerEmail, 'arnon at support.company.com');
Set($LoopsToRTOwner, 1);
Set($ForwardFromUser, 0);
Set($SendmailPath, "/usr/sbin/sendmail");
Set($DefaultQueue, "Support");
Set($RememberDefaultQueue, 1);
Set($LogDir, '/var/log/');
Set($LogToFileNamed , "rt_output.log");    #log to rt.log
Set($ShowMoreAboutPrivilegedUsers, 1);
Set($MoreAboutRequestorTicketList, "Active");
Set($MoreAboutRequestorGroupsLimit, 5);
Set($AutocompleteOwners, 1);
Set($ShowUnreadMessageNotifications, 1);
Set($DisplayTicketAfterQuickCreate, 1);

#experimental

Set($ApprovalRejectionNotes, 0);
Set($StrictLinkACL, 0);
Set(@Active_MakeClicky, qw());
Set($PlainTextPre, 1);
#Set($PlainTextMono, 0);
Set($MessageBoxIncludeSignatureOnComment, 0);
Set($DeferTransactionLoading, 1);
Set($MessageBoxRichText, 1);
Set($MessageBoxIncludeSignature, 1);
Set($ArticleOnTicketCreate, 1);
Set($UserAutocompleteFields, {
     EmailAddress => 'STARTSWITH',
     Name         => 'STARTSWITH',
     RealName     => 'LIKE',
});

Set($SimplifiedRecipients, 1);
Set($UseSQLForACLChecks , 1);
Set($RTAddressRegexp, undef);
Set($ChartsTimezonesInDB, 1);
Set($LogToFile , 'debug'); #debug is very noisy
Set(%FullTextSearch,
     Enable  => 1,
     Indexed => 0,
);

#For later enablement

#security related
#Set($WebSecureCookies, 1);
#Set($MinimumPasswordLength, 8);

#these next two go together with details on generating regex in rt_Config
#Set($ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs, undef);
#Set($RTAddressRegexp, undef);

#Required for use with reverse proxying
#Set($CanonicalizeRedirectURLs, 0);

#for external auth

## Couldn't figure this out quickly, so dropping it for now. - eroberts
- 2010-05-31
#Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch , '@evanroberts\.com$');
#Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace , '@easydns.com');
#Set($CanonicalizeOnCreate, 0);

#Set(@Plugins,(qw(RT::Extension::SummaryByUser)));

#Set($HomepageComponents, [qw(OwnerSummary Quicksearch)]);

#Set($WebImagesURL , $WebPath . "/NoAuth/images/");  # need this for below
#Set($LogoURL, $WebImagesURL . "company_logo.gif");
#Set($LogoLinkURL, 'https://ticketing.easydns.com');
#Set($LogoImageURL, $WebImagesURL . "easydns_logo.gif");
#Set($LogoAltText, "easyDNS Technologies Inc.");

#Set(@Plugins,(qw(Extension::QuickDelete RT::FM)));
;