[rt-users] DefaultUpdateType in RT4.0.6

Max McGrath mmcgrath at carthage.edu
Wed May 30 09:22:29 EDT 2012

I apologize; I must not have caught the e-mail from Ruslan.  Here is my
full RT_SiteConfig:

root at help:/opt/rt4/etc# cat RT_SiteConfig.pm
# Any configuration directives you include  here will override
# RT's default configuration file, RT_Config.pm
#
# To include a directive here, just copy the equivalent statement
# from RT_Config.pm and change the value. We've included a single
# sample value below.
#
# This file is actually a perl module, so you can include valid
# perl code, as well.
#
# The converse is also true, if this file isn't valid perl, you're
# going to run into trouble. To check your SiteConfig file, use
# this comamnd:
#
#   perl -c /path/to/your/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm

Set($rtname, 'help.carthage.edu');
Set($Organization, 'carthage.edu');
Set($CorrespondAddress, 'xxxxxx at carthage.edu');
Set($CommentAddress, 'xxxxxx at carthage.edu');
Set($Timezone, "US/Central");

########################
#    DATABASE STUFF    #
########################

Set($DatabaseType, 'mysql');
Set($DatabaseUser, 'root');
Set($DatabasePassword, 'xxxxxxx');
Set($DatabaseName, 'rt4');

########################
#   WEB SERVER STUFF   #
########################

Set($WebPath, "/rt/");
Set($WebDomain, 'help.carthage.edu');
Set($WebPort, 443);
Set($WebBaseURL, "http://help.carthage.edu");
Set($DisabledGD, undef);

Set($RestrictReferrer, 0);

Set($LogToFile, 'debug');
############################
#   OTHER CUSTOMIZATIONS   #
############################

Set($DisableGD, 0);

Set($HomepageComponents, [qw(
    QuickCreate Quicksearch MyAdminQueues MySupportQueues MyReminders
RefreshHomepage Dashboards Links MOTD Consultant)]);

Set(@Plugins, qw(
    RT::Authen::ExternalAuth
    RT::Extension::Timeline
    RT::Extension::MandatorySubject
    RT::Extension::MandatoryRequestor
    RTx::EmailCompletion
    RT::Extension::MobileUI
    RT::Extension::ReportSpam
    RT::Extension::JSGantt
));

# The order in which the services defined in ExternalSettings
# should be used to authenticate users. User is authenticated
# if successfully confirmed by any service - no more services
# are checked.
Set($ExternalAuthPriority,  [   'My_LDAP',
                            ]
);

# The order in which the services defined in ExternalSettings
# should be used to get information about users. This includes
# RealName, Tel numbers etc, but also whether or not the user
# should be considered disabled.
#
# Once user info is found, no more services are checked.
#
# You CANNOT use a SSO cookie for authentication.
Set($ExternalInfoPriority,  [   #'My_MySQL',
                                'My_LDAP'
                            ]
);

    default => {
        actions => [
            'new -> open'     => { label => 'Open it', update => 'Respond'
},
            'new -> resolved' => { label => 'Resolve', update => 'Respond'
},
            'new -> rejected' => { label => 'Reject',  update => 'Respond'
},
            'new -> deleted'  => { label => 'Delete' },

            'open -> stalled'  => { label => 'Stall',   update => 'Comment'
},
            'open -> resolved' => { label => 'Resolve', update => 'Respond'
},
            'open -> rejected' => { label => 'Reject',  update => 'Respond'
},

            'stalled -> open'  => { label => 'Open it' },
            'resolved -> open' => { label => 'Re-open', update => 'Comment'
},
            'rejected -> open' => { label => 'Re-open', update => 'Comment'
},
            'deleted -> open'  => { label => 'Undelete' },
        ],
    },
# If this is set to true, then the relevant packages will
# be loaded to use SSL/TLS connections. At the moment,
# this just means "use Net::SSLeay;"
Set($ExternalServiceUsesSSLorTLS,    0);

# If this is set to 1, then users should be autocreated by RT
# as internal users if they fail to authenticate from an
# external service.
Set($AutoCreateNonExternalUsers,    1);

# These are the full settings for each external service as a HashOfHashes
# Note that you may have as many external services as you wish. They will
# be checked in the order specified in the Priority directives above.
# e.g.
#
Set(ExternalAuthPriority,['My_LDAP','My_MySQL','My_Oracle','SecondaryLDAP','Other-DB']);
#
Set($ExternalSettings,      {
                                # AN EXAMPLE LDAP SERVICE
                                'My_LDAP'       =>  {   ## GENERIC SECTION
                                                        # The type of
service (db/ldap/cookie)
                                                        'type'
         =>  'ldap',
                                                        # The server
hosting the service
                                                        'server'
         =>  '10.2.2.15',
                                                        ## SERVICE-SPECIFIC
SECTION
                                                        # If you can bind
to your LDAP server anonymously you should
                                                        # remove the user
and pass config lines, otherwise specify them here:
                                                        #
                                                        # The username RT
should use to connect to the LDAP server
                                                        'user'
         =>  'cn=ZENworks,ou=users,o=carthage',
                                                        # The password RT
should use to connect to the LDAP server
                                                        'pass'
       =>  'xxxxxxx',
                                                        #
                                                        # The LDAP search
base
                                                        'base'
         =>  'o=CARTHAGE',
                                                        #
                                                        # ALL FILTERS MUST
BE VALID LDAP FILTERS ENCASED IN PARENTHESES!
                                                        # YOU **MUST**
SPECIFY A filter AND A d_filter!!
                                                        #
                                                        # The filter to use
to match RT-Users
                                                        'filter'
         =>  '(objectClass=carthageUser)',
                                                        # A catch-all
example filter: '(objectClass=*)'
                                                        #
                                                        # The filter that
will only match disabled users
                                                        'd_filter'
         =>  '(objectClass=FooFooBar)',
                                                        # A catch-none
example d_filter: '(objectClass=FooBarBaz)'
                                                        #
                                                        # Should we try to
use TLS to encrypt connections?
                                                        'tls'
        =>  0,
                                                        # SSL Version to
provide to Net::SSLeay *if* using SSL
                                                        #'ssl_version'
          =>  3,
                                                        # What other args
should I pass to Net::LDAP->new($host, at args)?
                                                        #'net_ldap_args'
          => [    version =>  3   ],
                                                        # Does
authentication depend on group membership? What group name?
                                                        #'group'
          =>  'GROUP_NAME',
                                                        # What is the
attribute for the group object that determines membership?
                                                        #'group_attr'
         =>  'GROUP_ATTR',
                                                        ## RT ATTRIBUTE
MATCHING SECTION
                                                        # The list of RT
attributes that uniquely identify a user
                                                        # This example
shows what you *can* specify.. I recommend reducing this
                                                        # to just the Name
and EmailAddress to save encountering problems later.
                                                        'attr_match_list'
        => [    'Name',

                'EmailAddress',

                'RealName',