[rt-users] Creating Tickets from forwarded emails?

Matthias Leisi matthias at leisi.net
Mon Oct 15 01:31:55 EDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM, Jonathan Mills <jonmills at renci.org> wrote:

> Imagine an example where an external user sends an email to an employee, rather than directly to RT.  The employee now wants to create a ticket on behalf of the requestor in the quickest, easiest way possible.

I once had an IMAP folder for a similar purpose: all mails in that
folder would be moved to RT by an external script run every five
minutes or so.

While shared IMAP folders may be a confidentiality risk for some kind
of such "exports", this is no problem in this case, as these mails
will be available for the same group of people in RT anyway.

-- Matthias