[rt-users] Friendly Validation Errors?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Oct 22 13:05:18 EDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 03:27:45AM +0000, Mike Kennedy wrote:
> Is there any way, short of editing the source, to have more friendly
> validation errors. So, rather than "Input must match [Mandatory]" I
> could change it to say "This field is required." Or, instead of "Input
> must match ^[a-zA-Z]+$", it could say, "Value must contain only
> letters."

You can make the regular expression you use
(?#Must contain letters) and RT will say "Input must match [Must
contain letters]".  You could probably use a localization trick with
en.po to change "Input must match" also, although I'm not sure where
else RT uses that phrase.

The combination of these should clean up the messages a bit.

-kevin