[rt-users] RT BounceMerge/RTBounceHandler

Matthew Moore matt at smtl.co.uk
Mon Oct 29 11:57:52 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I've been trying to setup something with in RT which handles bounces in
some way shape or form.  I'd be quite happy with bounces just going into
a queue which we can review and deal with in that way.  Obviously the
ideal way would be for the bounce to be merged into the queue with out
RT going into a loop.

I've tried the BounceMerge script, which doesn't seem to work at all.
http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/BounceMerge (I just followed the
wiki instructions, but bounces have never been added to any queues)

I've also tried the RTBounceHandler script -
http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/RtBounceHandler

RTBounceHandler seems like it's the one most likely to work.  So I've a
few questions:

1 - Do you need to have a rtbouncehandler alias for each queue that you
want checking for bounces?  eg rtbouncehandler-info,
rtbouncehandler-general etc etc

2 - Or do you just need one alias pointing at a 'bounces' queue (which
is what I've done).

3 - Any ideas on the best way to check it's working?

Using RT 3.8.7.  Got the relevant perl modules installed on my mailserver.

Thanks,

--
Matthew Moore
Surgical Materials Testing Laboratory