[rt-users] sendmail error (exited with code 75) - RHEL6

Raphaël Berlamont raphael.berlamont at raphux.com
Tue Sep 4 09:57:07 EDT 2012

2012/9/4 Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com>

> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 8:52 AM, Raphaël Berlamont
> <raphael.berlamont at raphux.com> wrote:
> > [Tue Sep  4 09:34:43 2012] [info]:
> > <rt-4.0.7-1945-1346751283-749.7324-10-0 at myfirm.com> #7324/120687 -
> Scrip 10
> > On Resolve Notify Requestors
> > (/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:301)
> > sendmail: fatal: edos at myfirm.com(48): No recipient addresses found in
> > message header
>
> This isn't an RT error, it's sendmail telling you that it thinks it's
> the local handler for myfirm.com, but can't

Hello Paul, thank you for your answer.

OK for this first error, but the second one disappears as soon as I restart
apache, and RT work flawlessly for minutes/hours (depending on load maybe) :
================
"[Tue Sep  4 09:34:43 2012] [error]: <
rt-4.0.7-1945-1346751283-749.7324-10-0 at myfirm.com>: `/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi
-t -f edos at myfirm.com` exited with code 75
(/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:465)
 [Tue Sep  4 09:34:43 2012] [crit]: <
rt-4.0.7-1945-1346751283-749.7324-10-0 at myfirm.com>: Could not send mail
with command `/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t -f edos at myfirm.com`: <
rt-4.0.7-1945-1346751283-749.7324-10-0 at myfirm.com>: `/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi
-t -f edos at myfirm.com` exited with code 75 at
/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm line 466.

I repeat : a simple apache restart makes all the message working again.
Users resend their answers, without modifying any information (IE : they
are not adding any recipient), and it works.

--
Raphaël Berlamont