[rt-users] sendmail error (exited with code 75) - RHEL6

Raphaël Berlamont raphael.berlamont at raphux.com
Tue Sep 4 13:14:42 EDT 2012

2012/9/4 Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com>

> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Raphaël Berlamont
> <raphael.berlamont at raphux.com> wrote:
>
> > I agree with your conclusion, but that doesn't explain why a restart of
> > apache make the thing working again... A limit somewhere ? Are there any
> > tunning to do for heavy load installation ? (even if I don't really think
> > that our system is under real heavy load).
>
> What's your load average?  I seem to recall that by default sendmail
> would stop delivery if the load average is above 4.0.

We're far from this :

[root at dgilx202 ~]# uptime
 18:56:25 up 22:57,  1 user,  load average: 0.08, 0.05, 0.04
[root at dgilx202 ~]#

You can probably find more information in the mail logs.

Sadly, logs don't say anything more. When it start to stop working (until I
restart Apache), I have this king message every time RT tries to send a
mail :
================
Sep  3 13:04:28 dgilx202 postfix/sendmail[16133]: fatal:
digital-service-desk at myfirm.com(48): No recipient addresses found in
message header
Sep  3 13:04:28 dgilx202 postfix/sendmail[16135]: fatal:
digital-service-desk at myfirm.com(48): No recipient addresses found in
message header

Here you can fin a pastebin of ll those messages :
http://pastebin.com/GemuDHSw .

This kind of message appeared for the first time yesterday @ 12:54:39 as
mentioned in the above pastebin, I've checked in older logs, no occurrence
appeared before.

--
Raphaël Berlamont