[rt-users] ExternalAuth LDAP authenticating more than 1 group

Mike Johnson mike.johnson at nosm.ca
Mon Sep 10 11:06:55 EDT 2012

Hi,

I did a few types of searches through google, and on the wiki. I also
looked at the readme for ExternalAuth and couldn't find the answer.

I'm thinking not too many people do this so the question hasn't been asked.

When defining an LDAP service for ExternalAuth, you are allowed to set the
group that a user has to be a member of to authenticate to RT.

We have a need to have 2 different groups authenticate.

I think I could copy my LDAP service config, rename it, change the group,
and then add it to the ExternalAuthPriority list, but is there a more
elegant way of doing it all within 1 LDAP service definition?

Thanks!
Mike.

--
Mike Johnson