[rt-users] Installing RT via Puppet

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Sep 19 22:14:30 EDT 2012

On 09/19/2012 07:00 PM, Mister Guru wrote:
> Darn!! Well, it still is good advice - My Puppet-Fu is about to be
> stretched! - I'll make a note on github, and start thinking about
> how best to accomplish this - as always, advice and comments are
> welcome.

A bit of soapbox, FYI:

All of the request-tracker3.8 packages in Ubuntu are old enough to
be missing security fixes [1].  (The Debian packages of the same name
are patched thanks very much to the RT maintainer for Debian.)

If you'd like this not to continue to be the case, visiting the bug
report [2] and marking it as affecting you (green link near the top left)
might help.

[1] http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=request-tracker3.8&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/request-tracker3.8/+bug/1004834