[rt-users] LDAP on RT RT 3.8.14 with RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.11

Laurent FERNANDEZ l.fernandez at outremer-telecom.fr
Fri Sep 21 03:46:18 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure LDAP authentication on RT3.8.14 with RT-Authen-to-0.11 ExternalAuth authentication on an ACTIVE DIRECTORY.

After having made the config RT_SiteConfig.pm, I raise the httpd.

When I authenticate on the login page I get the following message:
"An internal RT error has occurred. Your administrator can find more details in RT's log files."

In rt.log I have the following messages:

[Fri Sep 21 07:18:45 2012] [debug]: Attempting to use external auth service: My_LDAP (/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:186)
[Fri Sep 21 07:18:45 2012] [debug]: Calling UserExists with $username (myuser) and $service (My_LDAP) (/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:227)
[Fri Sep 21 07:18:45 2012] [debug]: UserExists params:
username: myuser , service: My_LDAP (/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm:299)
[Fri Sep 21 07:18:45 2012] [error]: Not a HASH reference at /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm line 311. (/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm:277)

Note: With tcpdump, I do not see any request sent to the LDAP server

Below is a part of RT_SiteConfig.pm

Set($ExternalAuthPriority,  [ 'My_LDAP' ] );
Set($ExternalInfoPriority,  [ 'My_LDAP' ] );
### Enable/Disable LDAP services
Set($LdapExternalAuth, 1);
Set($LdapExternalInfo, 1);
Set($WebExternalAuth , '0');

Set($ExternalServiceUsesSSLorTLS, 0);
Set($AutoCreateNonExternalUsers, 1);
Set($ExternalSettings,      {'My_LDAP'  =>  {
                                                       'type'                      =>  'ldap',
                                                       'server'                    =>  'x.x.x.x',
                                                       'user'                      =>  'cn=sync-rt,dc=corp,dc=omt,dc=lcl',
                                                       'pass'                      =>	'xxxxxxxx',
                                                       'base'                      =>  'dc=corp,dc=omt,dc=lcl',
                                                       'filter'                    =>  '(&(objectClass=user)(samaccounttype=805306368)(objectCategory=person)(cn=*))',
                                                       'd_filter'                  =>  '(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)',
                                                       'tls'                       =>  0,
                                                       'ssl_version'               =>  3,
                                                       'net_ldap_args'             => [ version => 3 ],
                                                       'group'                     =>  'ou=OU_utilisateurs,dc=corp,dc=omt,dc=lcl',
                                                       'group_attr'                =>  'member',
                                                       'attr_match_list'           => [  'Name', 'EmailAddress'],
                                                       'attr_map'                  => [  'Name' => 'cn',
                                                                                         'EmailAddress' => 'mail',
                                                                                         'Organization' => 'physicalDeliveryOfficeName',
                                                                                         'RealName' => 'cn',
                                                                                         'ExternalAuthId' => 'samaccountname',
                                                                                         'Gecos' => 'samaccountname',
                                                                                         'Address1' => 'streetAddress',