[rt-users] Customize Notifications (on correspond send e-mail to all requestors and Ccs)

Bart bart at pleh.info
Thu Sep 27 05:36:10 EDT 2012

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

When I disable those scrips I get the following effect:

   - First off, the behavior I want to disable is disabled.
   - But, the autoreply scrip doesn't work anymore.
   - And, any type of outgoing mail stops working.

RT simply registers the correspondence when you send a reply but doesn't
record outgoing mail.

I guess what I want to achieve is the following:

   1. Leave the autoreply upon ticket creating in tact, we want to keep the
   ability to send requestors a default mail with their ticket ID + a small
   note that we're working on it and that we've received the mail correctly.
   2. Keep the ability to actually send e-mails to requestors or to
   one-time cc's.
   3. But disable the feature where an incoming mail for a ticket triggers
   something which sends an e-mail to all requestors/cc's. This specific
   feature is something that we'd want to disable for all queue's, but when we
   manually send an e-mail from RT to one or more people then the mail has to
   go to those people that we've selected during creating the correspondence.
   4. Also, other scrips that send mails when someone sets you as an owner,
   etc. should also keep working. Just the feature of point 3 which is
   triggered upon receiving an e-mail is what we want to disable.

I'm assuming then that I'd have to modify the behavior of these scrips so
that they only trigger when sent from RT itself. I'm assuming this means
that I'll have to write a custom condition for these scrips, what would be
the best way to do this? I'd probably need to get the original condition
and then modify it, but where do I find this? (and where to start)

--
Bart