[rt-users] Serach only for a text not entire word

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Apr 12 10:19:29 EDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:27:30AM +0200, Juanjo wrote:
>    My install: RT 4.0.10 and PostgreSQL Indexed database.
>
>    If I do a "Content" search for this word "ExtensionHardening" works fine, and give the two
>    tickets that have this word.
>
>    But if i search only for "Hardening" i have no results.

The type of searches that can match are governed by PostgreSQL not
really by RT here.  We're at the mercy of how Pg chunks up your text
and indexes it.  You can read a lot more about how Pg FTS works here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/textsearch.html
I've linked to 9.2, but choose your appropriate version.

-kevin