[rt-users] REMOTE_USER, external auth, and email mismatching

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Fri Apr 26 19:38:00 EDT 2013

On 04/26/2013 02:35 PM, Philip Brown wrote:
> hi there,
> We are looking at using kerb auth and mod_auth_kerb as our external auth mechanism for RT.
>
> Trouble is.. our kerb domain is not the same as people's email address domain.
>
> We have mumble-thousand users. Hand-populating things is not an option.
>
> So, I was hoping there was potentially a way to do any of the following:
>
> a) automatically drop the @xyz from REMOTE_USER entirely
> b) autoconvert the @xyz to @real.domain
>
> c) (least preferable) have the autocreate routines, atomatically fill in @real.domain as the email address

You can accomplish (b) with these options:
http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/latest/RT_Config.html#CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch-CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace

You can also do more sophisticated munging by writing your own
RT::User::CanonicalizeUserInfo:
http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/latest/RT/User.html#CanonicalizeUserInfo-HASH-of-ARGS

Or you can take the easy way of (a) by setting the mod_auth_kerb config
option that Jok pointed out earlier.