[rt-users] LDAPImport succeds with user LDAP bind but fails with group

Elliott, Kevin C (DOR) kevin.elliott at alaska.gov
Mon Aug 5 20:37:08 EDT 2013

Ah! That's it. I forgot to change and test the filter ($LDAPFilter) used for the User import - not enough coffee this morning, I guess. The example used in the documentation is not applicable to Active Directory. Changing it from '(&(cn = users))' to  '(&(objectclass=person)(!(objectclass=computer)))' allowed the User import to run successfully followed by the Group Import.

Thanks all!