[rt-users] Migration Prep

Paul O'Rorke paul at tracker-software.com
Fri Aug 9 03:54:23 EDT 2013

OK - a little premature.

After running for a few hours I rebooted my new RT and get a database
connect fail.  For some reason it's not trying to use a password in DBI
connect:

    Aug  9 00:33:23 rt4 RT: DBI
    connect('dbname=rtdb;host=localhost','rtuser',...) failed: Access
    denied for user 'rtuser'@'localhost' (using password: NO) at
    /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 105.
    (/usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/Carp.pm:102)

The database name, user and password are all correct in RT_SiteConfig.pm
and I can connect using those credentials from a shell on that box and
can access the right database.

Any suggestions why I'm seeing  (using password: NO) in my logs? I get
something similar at startup/shutdown.

regards

*Paul O’Rorke*
Tracker Software Products