[rt-users] Excessive communication between RT and postgresql

Jacobsson, Henrik G Henrik.G.Jacobsson at astrazeneca.com
Wed Dec 18 07:44:48 EST 2013

We upgraded from 4.0.17.

Yes. Stopping RT stopped the WAL generation. Continued as if nothing happened when started up again.

The mail into the system should be quite negligible in this case since that would make the database grow in roughly the same pace as the WAL log generation, but the database has grown only 200M while there has been written more than 500G of WAL.

pg_xlogdump shows that more than 99% of the activity is due to inserts, deletes and subsequent vacuuming on rt4.sessions and corresponding toast tables.

Regards
//Henrik

Confidentiality Notice: This message is private and may contain confidential and proprietary information. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system and note that you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of the contents of this message is not permitted and may be unlawful.