[rt-users] RT 4.2 Segfaults on FreeBSD 9.2

Tim Gustafson tjg at ucsc.edu
Wed Dec 18 19:00:26 EST 2013

> So, it’s a jail.

Yes, sorry, I forgot to mention that.

> Did you actually install perl?

Of course, it's a dependency of RT:

root at rt-dev.soe.ucsc.edu: pkg_info |grep ^perl
perl5-5.16.3_4      Practical Extraction and Report Language

> But it’s OK, if reproducibility is not an issue.

For what it's worth, I originally tried to do this as an upgrade from
4.0.16 to 4.2, but that failed with this same error, so I uninstalled
Perl, and all its dependencies, removed everything from /var/db/ports/
to make sure that all the default options were used while building,
and then re-installed 4.2.

If it helps, I can kill the whole jail and install a totally clean one
and then try again.

--

Tim Gustafson
tjg at ucsc.edu