[rt-users] RT 4.2 Segfaults on FreeBSD 9.2

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Dec 20 10:29:02 EST 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 06:00:14PM -0800, Tim Gustafson wrote:
> > Something thinks you have perl 5.18.
> > Is the perl outside the jail also 5.16?
>
> I believe its 5.16, but what difference should that make?  The jail
> has no access to view any aspect of the root system.

He's asking because your original error message says 5.18

[Tue Dec 17 11:42:38 2013] [error] [client 128.114.49.22] Can't locate
RT/Action/SendEmail.pm in @INC (you may need to install the
RT::Action::SendEmail module) (@INC contains:
/usr/local/share/rt40/lib
/usr/local/share/rt40/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib
/usr/local/share/rt40/plugins/RT-Extension-MergeUsers/lib
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.18 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.18/BSDPAN
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.18/mach
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.18/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.18 . /usr/local)
at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.18/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm
line 181.\n

The error "Can't locate RT/Action/SendEmail.pm" can indicate lack of
file on filesystem, but it could also mean that RT couldn't load
dependencies.

I'm going to guess you're using a mod_perl built against a perl-5.18
which causes different site_libs to be searched.

-kevin