[rt-users] RT 4.2.1

Nick Price np121 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 29 15:48:09 EST 2013

I have installed fedora 20 32bit  apache, mysql and CPAN

I then run yum update.

I downloaded rt-4.2.1

./configure -with-web-user=apache -with-web-group=apache

I ran fixdeps till it gave "all dependencies found"

/etc/httpd/conf.d/rt4.conf

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.104>

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

ScriptAlias  /rt /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server.fcgi

Document root "/var/www"

<Location /rt>

                                Order allow,deny

                                Allow from all

                                Options +ExecCGI

                                AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi

               </Location>

</VirtualHost>

If I run /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server --port 8080

Then on firefox on the same PC as RT is installed and run URL
192.168.1.104:8080 I can login to RT and it works OK

I then stop rt-server --port 8080

Change RT_SiteConfig.pm

Set( $rtname, 'mydomain.com');

Set( $WebPath, '/rt');

Set ( $Webdomain, '192.168.1.104');

Restart httpd

and then in firefox run URL 192.168.1.104/rt it opens rt-server.fcgi so I
can read the document it doesn't run RT

I need rt to run as /RT and not as /

What am I doing wrong