[rt-users] Recommended Upgrade Path

Camron W. Fox cwfox at us.fujitsu.com
Sat Feb 2 12:44:53 EST 2013

On 13/01/27 7:29 AM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 08:42:05PM -1000, Camron W. Fox wrote:
>> 	We have been running RT V3.6.6 for the last five years, with no
>> upgrades due to customer (and management) paranoia.
>>
>> 	We are now starting a new contract with the same customer, and a new
>> installation is at hand. Clearly, we would like to run the up to date
>> product, as V3.6.6 is now an unsupported release.
>>
>> 	Does anyone have any recommendations as to the best practice for an
>> upgrade path to V4.0.9? We need to keep the old data, of course.
>
> Have you reviewed UPGRADING-3.6 UPGRADING-3.8 UPGRADING-4.0 shipped in
> RT4's docs/ directory and also available on
> http://docs.bestpractical.com ?  They provide our recommended upgrade
> path.  Step 2 and 6b of the README also lay out similar information
> and pointers.
>
> There's also a blog post laying out pointers to the information
> provided in all of those documents.
> http://blog.bestpractical.com/2011/07/upgrading-to-rt-4.html
>
> -kevin

Kevin,

	As all of the equipment is new, I would like to, if at all possible, to
install 4.0.9 from scratch on one of the new machines and import the DB
data from the old 3.6.6 installation.

	I'd rather not migrate the 3.6.6 installation to a new machine and then
have to upgrade to the 4.0.9 version on that machine. Seems like we
should be able to simplify the procedure.

Best Regards,
Camron

--
Camron W. Fox