[rt-users] Ticket Image attach corruption

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 7 15:03:55 EST 2013

On 02/07/2013 11:43 AM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> [...]

We've pushed for 4.0 in the past with various distro maintainers.  I
believe most popular distros have _some_ sort of 4.0 package now, but
how up to date it is depends on the maintainer.

Our Debian maintainer (Dominic) is great, and the request-tracker4
package versions usually track pretty close to the latest release if you
use backports or "unstable".  Lags do occur, such as when Debian freezes
the package trees in advance of release.

Ubuntu gets all the RT packages from Debian, usually with some of it's
own lag and quirks built-in.  It's "community maintained" which means no
one at Canonical is responsible for dealing with it (even for security!)
unless prodded in an approved (albeit documented) process.

I don't think we'd advocate for pulling 3.8 packages entirely until it's
officially EOL'd.  Still, I believe there is an Ubuntu ticket in
Launchpad about pulling 3.8 from the next distro version they release
(opened by someone from the RT community).

Thomas