[rt-users] RT 3.8.9 Installation

Martin mworia.martin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 04:42:37 EST 2013

Kevin Falcone <falcone <at> bestpractical.com> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 08:30:46AM +0000, Martin wrote:
> > I have searched all over for the fix for
> >
> > Now creating a mysql database rt3 for RT.
> > Done.
> > Now populating database schema.
> > DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check
the
> > manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to
use
> > near 'TYPE=InnoDB  CHARACTER SET utf8' at line 15 at /tmp/rt-
> > 3.8.10/sbin/../lib/RT/Handle.pm line 516.
> > make: *** [initialize-database] Error 255
> >
> > i have already changed all instances of TYPE=InnoDB to ENGINE=InnoDB in my
> > /opt/rt3/etc/schema.mysql-4.1
> >
> > but the error persists.
> >
> > i am trying to install rt 3.8.10 on ubuntu 12.04
> > mysql version is 5.5.29
> >
> > Perhaps if someone has an idea how i can fix this i would really appreciate
the

> Why are you installing 3.8.10?
> The current release of RT is 4.0.10, the current release of the 3.8
> series is 3.8.16 (and both include fixes for this).
>
> Your problem is likely because you are editing the file in
> /opt/rt3/etc/schema.mysql-4.1 rather than
> /tmp/rt-3.8.10/etc/schema.mysql-4.1 but that doesn't explain
> installing a version of RT which has multiple known security flaws.
>
> -kevin
>
> Hi Kevin
Thanks i really appreciate the help. just to let you know i did a dist upgrade
then installed rt 4.0 and managed to get past this error.

But later when editing my /etc/apache2/sites-available/rt4

as below

FastCgiServer /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server.fcgi -processes 5 -idle-timeout 300

    <VirtualHost rt4.example.com>
        ### Optional apache logs for RT
        # Ensure that your log rotation scripts know about these files
        # ErrorLog /opt/rt4/var/log/apache2.error
        # TransferLog /opt/rt4/var/log/apache2.access
        # LogLevel debug

        AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

        Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt4/share/html/NoAuth/images/
        ScriptAlias / /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server.fcgi/

        DocumentRoot "/opt/rt4/share/html"
        <Location />
            Order allow,deny
            Allow from all

            Options +ExecCGI
            AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
        </Location>
    </VirtualHost>

i cannot get my browser to open the rt default page.