[rt-users] Custom Portals or Panes

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Feb 15 12:34:47 EST 2013

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 05:01:02PM +0000, Raymond Corbett wrote:
>    Can one create custom Portals such as the ones the Gui provides for MyTickets and Unowned
>    Tickets and have them listed in the selection lists where one edits dashboards?
>
>    General procedure?   Or files to look at to see how these are coded?   I would want them
>    editable, having a edit button in the corner like the My Tickets and Unowned Ticket ones do.

You can save a search and it'll show up there as Saved Search: My Stuff
If you need something that can only be done in perl code, you'll need
to look at the list of things in @HomepageComponents in your config
and then look at the files named there in your
/opt/rt4/share/html/Elements directory.  Copy one, edit it, add it to
@HomepageComponents in RT_SiteCOnfig.pm and it'll show up.  But, that
won't have Edit - the Edit thing is tied to the saved searches.

-kevin