[rt-users] Recommended Upgrade Path

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 21 19:07:32 EST 2013

On 02/21/2013 03:34 PM, Camron W. Fox wrote:
> On 13/02/02 8:41 AM, Iain Rae wrote:
>>>

>> we've just done this and it was completely painless. Just follow
>> Updating.sql. I think the only thing that wasn't automatically scripted
>> was changing the table types from MyISAM to INNODB.
>>

> Iain,
>
> 	What DB did you create on the far side? I'm dumping a DB called rt3 and
> upgrading to rt4. Should I create a DB called rt3 or rt4?
>
> mysql> CREATE DATABASE rt4 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET Latin1;

You can use the sbin/rt-setup-database tool to create the database and
grant privileges correctly:

   /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-setup-database --action create,acl --prompt-for-dba-password

This will only create the database and grant privileges.  It won't create any
tables or insert any default starting data, since you'll be importing those
from your rt3 db that you intend to upgrade.