[rt-users] QueueDeactivatedScrips Extension install problem, postgres

Susan K. McClure smcclure at rice.edu
Thu Jan 3 18:39:25 EST 2013

I tried to install the extension RT-Extension-QueueDeactivatedScrips
from the  -master.zip file to
a RT 3.8.13 installation, using postgtresql for the Database.

I had errors when I tried to run "make initdb"
not with populating the database schema, but the second step
that  inserts the database ACLS:

> In order to create or update your RT database, this script needs to
> connect to your  Pg instance on  as rt_user
> Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
> database
> password, just press return.
>
> Password:
> Working with:
> Type:    Pg
> Host:
> Name:    rt3813
> User:    rt_user
> DBA:    rt_user
> Now inserting database ACLs
> DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "to"
> LINE 1: ... UPDATE, DELETE ON QueueDeactivatedScrips_id_seq, to rt_user...
>                                                              ^ at
> /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Handle.pm line 441, <STDIN> line 1.
> DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "to"
> LINE 1: ... UPDATE, DELETE ON QueueDeactivatedScrips_id_seq, to rt_user...
>                                                              ^ at
> /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Handle.pm line 441, <STDIN> line 1.
> ...returned with error: 65280
> make: *** [initdb] Error 255

I think I fixed the problem by running manually, as the DBA user
"postgres" the
following:

   1) the statements in drop_schema.Pg
   2) the statements in schema.Pg
   3) the statements in acl.Pg with some modifications on the ACLs for
QueueDeactivatedScrips_id_seq to just grant the SELECT, USAGE, and
UPDATE acls

Like so:

> rt3813=# drop table queuedeactivatedscrips;
> DROP TABLE
> rt3813=# drop sequence queuedeactivatedscrips_id_seq;
> DROP SEQUENCE
> rt3813=# CREATE SEQUENCE QueueDeactivatedScrips_id_seq;
> CREATE SEQUENCE
> rt3813=# CREATE TABLE QueueDeactivatedScrips (
> rt3813(# id INTEGER DEFAULT nextval('QueueDeactivatedScrips_id_seq'),
> rt3813(# QueueId INTEGER NOT NULL default 0,
> rt3813(# ScripId INTEGER NOT NULL default 0,
> rt3813(# Status varchar(15) NOT NULL default 'deactivated',
> rt3813(# Description varchar(255) default NULL,
> rt3813(# PRIMARY KEY  (id)
> rt3813(# );
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> "queuedeactivatedscrips_pkey" for table "queuedeactivatedscrips"
> CREATE TABLE

> rt3813=# CREATE INDEX QueueScrip ON QueueDeactivatedScrips
> (QueueId,ScripId);
> CREATE INDEX
> rt3813=# GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON
> QueueDeactivatedScrips to "postgres";
> GRANT
> rt3813=# GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON
> QueueDeactivatedScrips_id_seq to "postgres";
> WARNING:  sequence "queuedeactivatedscrips_id_seq" only supports
> USAGE, SELECT, and UPDATE privileges
> GRANT
> rt3813=# GRANT SELECT, USAGE, UPDATE ON QueueDeactivatedScrips_id_seq
> to "postgres";GRANT

This gave me these tables
> public | queuedeactivatedscrips        | table    | postgres
>  public | queuedeactivatedscrips_id_seq | sequence | postgres
with these Privileges:

>  public | queuedeactivatedscrips        | table    |
> postgres=arwdDxt/postgres |
>  public | queuedeactivatedscrips_id_seq | sequence |
> postgres=rwU/postgres     |

I setup the Plugin and cleared RT's mason cache and restarted the web
server.

How can I verify that the extension IS there and will work with the
postgres ACL changes
that I did??

Thanks,

Susan McClure