[rt-users] Searching Ticket Bodies

ktm at rice.edu ktm at rice.edu
Tue Jan 8 14:21:29 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 11:08:20AM -0800, Tim Gustafson wrote:
> > http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/latest/RT_Config.html#FullTextSearch
> > http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/latest/full_text_indexing.html
> >
> > These are also shipped with RT itself as doc in etc/RT_Config.pm and
> > docs/full_text_indexing.pod.
>
> Hrmm, I remember now.  That documentation states:
>
> "MySQL does not support full-text indexing natively."
>
> Which is untrue.  MySQL does indeed have full-text indexing, and the
> most recent version has full-text indexing with InnoDB tables.  Is
> there any hope for taking advantage of the FTS built-in to MySQL?  My
> MySQL server does a *lot* more than just RT, and re-compiling the
> whole thing with an add-on that gets used by exactly one database (out
> of, let's say, 400 databases) seems sub-optimal.
>
> --
>
> Tim Gustafson
> tjg at soe.ucsc.edu
> 831-459-5354
> Baskin Engineering, Room 313A

Hi Tim,

Per the web site www.mysql.com, the version of MySQL with native InnoDB
support is not yet released. (5.6) Once it is released, it would be possible
to include support for it. Until that happens, your options are to compile
a new build with the needed functionality, use a different version for RT,
or use a different DB entirely. PostgreSQL and Oracle both support it natively
currently.

Regards,
Ken