[rt-users] Using RT for tickets opened by phone - RT 4.0.8

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Fri Jan 18 08:12:58 EST 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 12:29 AM, Jim Lesinski <jim.lesinski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What is the process that people are using to add new users to the RT system
> when taking a phone call? For example you receive a call from a person who
> is not currently in the RT users list. Would your helpdesk agent then go to
> Tools - Configuration - Users - Create and create a new user profile, and
> then go back and create a new ticket for that user?
>
> Or, would you simply configure the system to create a profile when entering
> a new email address in a ticket and go back and update information after
> taking the call?
>
> The process seems a bit disconnected, which seems most likely due to RT's
> email based origin. It would be great if there was a way to create a user
> profile from the ticket screen. I am just wondering how people are handling
> this when taking a call.

Well, your workflow just needs a plugin that puts create user form on
create ticket form, so
your call takers can do things quickier.

One solution is to just put a link next to requestors input box that
opens "create user" in new window
and that window may put email back on form submit with some JS. May be
a link would be enough
to speed up things to point where it's not a big deal - this is like
one file thing with 5 lines top.

Another variant is to put a custom form right on the ticket create form.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.