[rt-users] FreeformContactInfo with MoreAboutRequestorExtraInfo

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Jan 24 11:54:10 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 10:50:31AM +0000, Rob Ansaldo wrote:
> On 01/23/2013 08:08 PM, trs wrote:
>
> > On 01/23/2013 07:16 PM, Rob Ansaldo wrote:
> >> We would like to display FreeformContactInfo in the "More about
> >> requestor" section of the ticket display. We already populate this
> >> field with info useful to our help desk staff and had customized RT3
> >> to display this.
> >>
> >> After upgrading to RT4, I cannot figure out how to get this to
> >> display in the "More about requestor" area. I have added
> >> FreeformContactInfo to the MoreAboutRequestorExtraInfo setting in the
> >> RT_SiteConfig and have created a custom local/lib/RT/User_Local.pm
> >> file where FreeformContactInfo is set to "public", yet the
> >> FreeformContactInfo from the db still does not appear. What am I
> >> missing?
>
> > Can you show us your User_Local.pm as well as your config where you set
> > MoreAboutRequestorExtraInfo?
>
> From etc/RT_Config.pm:
>
> Set($MoreAboutRequestorExtraInfo,"FreeformContactInfo Name EmailAddress Organization NickName Address1 Address2 City State Zip Country HomePhone WorkPhone");

It looks like the User columnmap doesn't define FreeformContactInfo,
luckily that's easy to fix, you need the commit on this branch.

https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/commits/4.0/user-freeformcontactinfo-columnmap

We should check to make sure there aren't any other missing User
fields that need trivial addressing.

-kevin