[rt-users] Sqlite to MySQL migration with a 4.0.5 deployment

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Thu Jan 24 17:22:15 EST 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 1:46 AM, Tim Pozar <pozar at lns.com> wrote:
> I see mail how to move from SQLite to MySQL with 3.x versions of RT.  I expect that this may be different with 4.0.x versions.  Anyone have a pointer on how to do this? I am currently running version 4.0.5.

SQLite is so liberal about datatypes and schemas are very close, so I
think pretty much any SQLite -> mysql converter will just work. Use
the following steps:

1) install RT 4.0.5 on mysql
2) make sure it works
3) delete everything from mysql tables
4) use answers from [1] to dump tables as sql with inserts only
5) insert data mysql -u root rt4 < dump.sql
6) test, adjust, repeat

I think this will work, may be with tiny quircks.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.