[rt-users] command by mail line breaker

ktm at rice.edu ktm at rice.edu
Thu Jan 31 08:20:52 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 06:52:27AM +0000, Thomas Lau wrote:
> Got a slight problem on command by mail. I'm trying to update a multi line test box but I can only update it via example 1 instead of example 2, any idea how to add in a line break?
>
> Eg1
> Cf.{Summary}: line 1
> Line 2 <-- this will not be recorded
>

> Eg2
> Cf.{summary}: line1 line 2
> We need line 2 on the second line

Hi Thomas,

The CommandByMail extension has the documented restriction that the update
must be one line only. To do more would require you to re-write the parsing
routine. If you get it working, please post your changes. I would not mind
having that functionality as well. Just no time to work on it.

Regards,
Ken