[rt-users] How do you check the value of a Transaction CustomField

scott.dalzell scott.dalzell at aveva.com
Wed Jul 3 06:10:08 EDT 2013

Thank you for your quick response

Ok so i am now trying to create a custom condition for my script to detect
if the Transaction Custom Field ("Alert_Support_T") has been set to "Alert"
the CF

however it is not triggering when i set the CF in the transaction to alert

any ideals where im going wrong

Custom Condition
my $trans = $self->TransactionObj;
my $ticket = $self->TicketObj;

if ($trans->Type eq 'CustomField')
{my $cf = new RT::CustomField($RT::SystemUser);
$cf->LoadByName(Queue => $trans->QueueObj->id,Name => "Alert_Support_T");
return 0 unless $cf->id;

if ($trans->Field == $cf->id &&
$trans->NewValue eq "Alert")
{