[rt-users] Change ordering of queues (alphabetical order by default) in SelfService "Create a ticket"

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Jul 3 12:09:13 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 01:30:00PM -0700, Duncan Napier wrote:
> We use self-service and allow users to create new tickets on our RT
> Website. When they go to create a new ticket, they are shown a list of
> queues available to them and click on the queue of their choice. The
> queues are listed in alphabetical order. Is there a way to put one
> queue - the one that is the most probable/popular - at the the top of
> the list, and out of the alphabetical order?

At this time, your options are something like:

a) Name your Queue "1. Special Queue" (people do this apparently).
b) Create an Overlay of CreateTicketInQueue.html
    http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/Customizing
c) Send a patch adding a callback to modify the Queues collection in
   CreateTicketInQueue.html so that you can make the customization
   more cleanly.

-kevin