[rt-users] RT migration to different OS

Craig Ringer craig at 2ndquadrant.com
Mon Jul 22 22:30:50 EDT 2013

On 07/21/2013 01:25 PM, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am in the process to migrate our RT from solaris 10 to ubuntu precise
> lts 64bit.
>
> Ubuntu precise only offers 5.5.x
> (http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=mysql)
>
> I am planning to migrate from RT 3.8.2 with mysql 5.0.75 to the latest.
>
> What would be recommended path to import the dump from mysql 5.0.75 into
> 5.5.x ?
>
> The other option would be to install the linux  64bit binary for mysql
> 5.0.77
> instead of depending on ubuntu/debian pkg for mysql.
>
> So what is the recommended approach?

The MySQL documentation seems to cover this pretty well:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/upgrading.html

You'd want to update RT to the latest patch release to make sure your
version is compatible with the newer MySQL of course.

I'd advise that you follow up on http://dba.stackexchange.com/ if you're
stuck with the MySQL side of things.