[rt-users] Looking at upgrading 3.6.5 to latest

Beachey, Kendric Kendric.Beachey at garmin.com
Tue Jul 23 11:35:20 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm investigating what will be necessary to do an upgrade from our installation of RT 3.6.5 to the latest version.

Currently installed versions of some items we are not looking to upgrade...are we safe here?

* mysql 5.0.51a
* perl 5.8.8
* Ubuntu 8.04 (yes, I know that's way old)
* haven't been using CPAN, but instead pulling in needed modules from Ubuntu repo

That last bit was at the sysadmin's request.  What's the general opinion on whether that's a good way to go?

Our RT is not exposed to the general internet; only our internal network, so I'm hoping the age of the Ubuntu distro isn't too much of a problem.  But I can talk to the sysamin about upgrading it first if it seems like a really bad idea to stick with 8.04.

Finally...I'm looking at the README files on the BP site and I have a question about the UPGRADING.mysql file.  The first step seems to apply only if you're not upgrading mysql itself.  Are there other steps in that document that are also not necessary if mysql isn't being upgraded?  It's kind of hard to tell.

Thanks!
--
Kendric Beachey

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.