[rt-users] Error when sending or reciving mail (fork::abort: address space needed by xxx)

Craig Ringer craig at 2ndquadrant.com
Wed Jul 24 20:33:16 EDT 2013

On 07/24/2013 06:13 AM, Thomas Sibley wrote:
> It's rather brave to use Cygwin for a production RT instance.

Heh. I see the same thing with PostgreSQL sometimes, usually on Stack
Overflow, but also with one particular client.

The upside is that when it's not a paying client stuck on Cygwin, it's
easy to fix the person's problem. "Well, your question starts with 'I'm
using 9.0.1 on Cygwin' .... there's your problem."

Cygwin used to be important, but these days with easy, high performance
VMs and native ports of many open source packages to Windows I no longer
see the appeal.