[rt-users] Notifications are sent before status and custom field changes are applied?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Jul 25 12:01:58 EDT 2013

Please respect my Reply-To headers, I set them to the list because I
read all mail sent to the list.  There is absolutely no need to CC me.

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:14:10PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 07/23/2013 09:00 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 03:56:49PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> >> Do any of the other RT users here know of a reason *not* to use
> >> TransactionBatch for sending email notifications?
> >
> > TransactionBatch Scrips do not show up in the Preview Scrips UI,
> > so you'll be unable to squelch users either at the Ticket or
> > Transaction level.
>
> Thanks for the tip. I don't think that matters much for my particular
> use, but it's good to have on record here for others who're trying to
> find out about the same issue later.

It's already on record.  I explain it frequently when folks reach out
to TransactionBatch for the wrong reasons.

> Would you be potentially inclined to accept a patch that recorded the
> message *after* the status and other attribute changes - or would that
> be too likely to break other things?

That would never be accepted into a stable series.  It would be
considered for a dev series, but frankly I've always been able to get
the info I want in a TransactionBatch scrip, even if lots of things
are happening during the update.  I also expect that if you read back
through the commit history, you'll find reasons for the ordering.

A trivial On Correspond Notify Requestors that does
$self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('foo')
in the template works just fine and dandy for me.

-kevin