[rt-users] Notify via SMS if ticket Subject =~ /urgent/i

EJ Marmonti eugenejames at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 13:15:33 EDT 2013

Greetings

I'm using RT 4.0.10 and am trying to create a scrip to accomplish this.  If
the subject contains the word urgent (not case senstive, thus the
/urgent/i), I want it to send me an SMS.

The portion of sending the SMS message itself I figured out so that's less
of a concern - in the template, I just CC the sms address (if Action=Notify
AdminCCs', this works), though I am open to other suggestions.  It's the
scrip itself that I'm really having issues with.

What I have so far:

Condition: On Transaction
Action: User Defined
Template: On Create Urgent ticket, notify SMS
Stage: TransactionCreate

===Custom condition:  n/a

===Custom action prep code:
my $txn = $self->TransactionObj;
my $type = $txn->Type;
return 0 unless $type eq "Status"
    || ( $type eq 'Set' && $txn->Field eq 'Status');

return 0 unless $txn->NewValue eq "new";

===Custom action cleanup code:

my $subject = $self->TicketObj->Subject;

if ($subject =~ /urgent/i) {
return 1;
}
else {
return 0;
}

I found some decent references out there, but this isn't sending the
notification and I'm stumped.  I know there are many people out there who
have done the equivalent of what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks