[rt-users] "Reply"-button - change default status from 'open' to 'wcr'

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Jun 3 12:57:34 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 02:31:03PM +0200, Daniel Schwager wrote:
> we added a new state to our rt3.8.17 called "wcr"
> (Waiting for Customer Response to a question in the ticket).
>
> Normally, if we reply to a customer ticket,
> we change the state from "open" to "wcr" while replying (Update.html).
>
> Is there a possibility to change rt/Ticket/Update.html (maybe with
> callbacks)
> by default that the status is set to "wcr" instead of "open" ?

In 4.0, you could actually leverage a bug in the auto-open scrip.

On 3.8, I'd turn off SuppressAutoOpenOnUpdate and clone the
AutoOpen.pm scrip action.

You *might* be able to use the BeforeUpdate callback in Update.html to
change the DefaultStatus key in the ARGSRef argument, but I don't have
time to do a quick proof of concept so you'd need to play around with
it.

-kevin