[rt-users] RT MAX TICKET ID

romain.pelissier at bell.ca romain.pelissier at bell.ca
Thu Jun 13 14:56:02 EDT 2013

Hi,
Thanks for the information :)
Romain

-----Message d'origine-----
De : ktm at rice.edu [mailto:ktm at rice.edu]
Envoyé : 11 juin 2013 16:16
À : Pelissier, Romain (6045822)
Cc : rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Objet : Re: [rt-users] RT MAX TICKET ID

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 03:57:00PM -0400, romain.pelissier at bell.ca wrote:
> Hi,
> Maybe that sound as a stupid question but can you tell me what is the MAX value for a ticket ID? Is there a end-of-the-world ticket id limit?
> I have been asked for this question and pretty sure that at 100000 it will still works but can find a way to confirm this.
> If anyone can tell me it will be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks!
>
> Romain Pelissier

Hi Romain,

According to the DB schema for PostgreSQL the ticket ID is defined to be
an integer which in SQL has a maximum of (2^31 - 1) which is the max. You
would need to log a lot of tickets to reach that. I do not know if there
are coding assumptions within RT that would preclude increasing that to
a bigint with a max of (2^63 -1).

Cheers,
Ken