[rt-users] RT 4.0.8 - rt-mailgate hangs on authenticated RT server

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Mon Jun 17 18:21:19 EDT 2013

On 06/17/2013 03:06 PM, Duncan Napier wrote:
> I understand that to get around this, you open up areas of the server to the the localhost (127.0.0.1) so no authentication is required. I have tried a bunch of fixes, but none seem to work. They seem require NoAuth areas of the rt directory have authentication disabled using Apache Location or Directory directives, as in:
>
> #############
> # Begin Code Fragment
> #############
>     <LocationMatch /share/html/NoAuth>
>         Satisfy Any
>         Allow from all
>     </LocationMatch>
>
>     <LocationMatch /share/html/REST/1.0/NoAuth>
>         Satisfy Any
>         Allow from all
>     </LocationMatch>

Your Apache configuration directives are wrong.  Location/LocationMatch
take a URL location, not a directory path (that's what
Directory/DirectoryMatch are for).  You also aren't using the matching
power of LocationMatch, and don't need it, so you want something like:

<Location /REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway>
    Satisfy any
    Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Location>

You don't need to allow /NoAuth for mailgate.