[rt-users] Is it possible to set CustomField in mailgate plugin?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jun 18 13:56:20 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 04:39:55PM +0200, pavel.sidlo at linuxbox.cz wrote:
>    I see i should specify my question more precisely:
>    Is it possible to assign value to CF, in mail plugin, when the email
>    message is about to create completely new ticket ?

I think the better question is "How do I get the To or Cc header from
within a Scrip" since you can't set the custom field on a ticket that
doesn't exist yet (bit of a chicken and egg problem there).

It sounds like you want to get the First Attachment of the Transaction
object passed into the Scrip during the Create and call GetHeader on
it - asking for the appropriate headers.

You can also get the attachment back as a perl MIME object if you're
more comfortable with that, but you have all the rope you need in a
Scrip.

-kevin